Sunday, January 30, 2011

normal Days


I am feeling incredibly disappointed as to how I am allowing myself to be overwhelmed with how busy my life is becoming. I am allowing myself to rush around missing what is really going on. I expect people to grasp and follow my hunger for life and all it brings with it with a vigorous attitude, however, I have not stopped to notice my surroundings myself. In turn, I cannot expect anyone else to do so. I am getting to caught up in the importance of the future and dwelling on yesterday when really I should be focusing on what is surrounding me. The beauty and treasures that are the unexpected niceties that life hands us. Amongst making plans and all the chaos, we must remember to surround ourselves with the love and light of those who we love and who love us in return. Act kind and graciously to even a complete stranger because it is purely in our nature and to ooze our sparkle for the world to watch is awe as we shine from our soul all the way out. It is hard to decipher the baffling amount of things we miss whilst in the midst of our day to day plans. Recently, I have allowed myself to forget how important this is. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I often have to stop in my tracks, take a deep breath and remember what is truly important. It is understandable that we get busy and things come up. But the biggest mistake we can make is to be so consumed in pointless manoeuvres in contrast to experiencing the joys of life. This is how you can quite easily loose your sparkle.

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. ~Mary Jean Iron

No comments:

Post a Comment