Sunday, January 30, 2011

oh golly!


When I was younger, I used to collect snow globes. I loved the miniature worlds encased in the glass; each one a tiny reminder of how life is suppose to work. I'd shake each globe vigorously, place it on the table and watch as a tornado of snowflakes gently return to their resting place. When it comes to snowglobes, Chaos is temporary and something that has to be executed-if the golbe isnt shaken by someone, the snow will always rest at the bottom. A return to order always occurs. I used to think that my life would follow a similar set of properties; if i could just control, suppress, keep from stirring up chaos, everything would stay in a perfect equiibriom.
I awoke to sunshine and smiles this morning knowing that its a three day weekend to come. yay! Being the control friek that I am have created a plan of everything I intend to do through this long weekend; which includes a tanning session while doing my school work, prance off to the gym and spend sunday on the skis. I love the ocean, I think it may have something to do with my desire to be a mermaid through my childhood. My father always told me that I could be whatever I wanted to be. He never said that didnt include a mermaid or fairy. who is he to stop me? I never want to grow up....never, and I shouldn't have to. I refuse! there are some things I must put my foot down to. I want to be a bratty little child for as long as I can be, and I intend to. I want to believe in fairies, make daisy chains, fall over in dirt with a frilly dress, I want to climb trees. I want to do these things forever. But change is rather frightening. The thought of life as i know it completly changing scares me, but it's just another challenge to face. I believe that changes in our life give us perspective and keep us grounded, which is important.

However, in all seriousness, the coming weeks will be enticingly chaotic and busy!
With a fresh week of classes, I also have a number of appointments, events and meetings to attend. I am currently beginning my experience volunteering at a centre for children dealing will loss of a family member. I am quite looking foreword to working in this area of adolescent psychology. I am always open to new and exciting opportunities. I understand that the circumstances of the children are terrible, however, both myself and the children have the opportunity to learn from each other. It shall be interesting. With the coming weekend I have a few birthdays to attend as well as lots of time dedicated to my uni work. This weekend is over, so its time to get ready for the week ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment